How to work in France as a Doctor
Recruitment of doctors
Are you considering a new professional experience in France as a doctor?
We have a large number of job offers and we can help you find the position that suits you best.
Requirements to work as a doctor in France
- Candidates need to have finished their specialization;
- Candidates need to have a certificate of compliance with EU directives;
- Candidates who can be registered to the French Medical Council = European nationality + Diploma from European Union; OR doctors who have the authorization delivered by the Centre National de Gestion (CNG);
- Good French level: B2; we can also consider healthcare professionals with B1 but candidates with B2 have a clear advantage;
- Professionalism, developed interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to work in a team.
About our job offers in France:
- Salaries can vary from €4.000 net per month up to €20.000 net per month for some specialities;
- 5 weeks of paid leave for every year for salaried doctors;
- Bank holidays;
- Days for reduction in working hours (RTT);
- On call sessions are paid;
- Most of the time, there is a temporary accommodation for the first months in France.
What kind of specialties we are looking for:
We are looking for doctors in all specialties and mainly :
- Family medicine;
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation;
Look at some examples of our offers :
- Gynecologist: Public Hospital, 1 hour from Paris by train. Salaried position, full time. Net salary: €4.000 to €5.000 per month (on call sessions included). Temporary accommodation available;
- Psychiatrist: Private Center, 30 min from Lyon by car. Salaried position, full time. Net salary: between €6.250 (young doctor) and €7.083 (doctors with 10 years of experience) per month, according to professional experience. The employer will help the doctor to find an accommodation;
- General practitioner: Private Center, 1 hour from Nimes by car. Salaried position, full time. Net salary: between €4.106 (young doctor) and €6.030 (doctors with 25 years of experience) per month, according to professional experience. Many advantages (housing allowance, holiday vouchers, car allowance…). Temporary accommodation available;
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation: Private Clinic, 25 min from Perpignan by car and 50 meters from the Mediterranean Sea. Salaried position, full time. Net salary: between €6.031 (young doctor) and €6.295 (doctors with 10 years of experience) per month, according to professional experience. The employer will help the doctor to find an accommodation.
- Ophthalmologist, Private Clinic, Paris. Salaried position, full time or part time job. Net salary for consultations: €9.708 per month for 4 working days per week. A surgical activity is also possible. Temporary accommodation available;
- Anesthetist: Private Clinic, 1:30 from Toulouse by car. Independent position, full time job. Net salary : €18.000 per month. Possible assistance according to the doctor’s needs.
Where to work in France as a doctor:
Positions are to be filled all over France.
Most foreign doctors would like to live and work in big cities including Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Nice, Bordeaux, etc. However, these big cities are also those where French doctors want to establish themselves. So there is a strong competition for these cities.
In addition to that, the cost of living in these big cities is a parameter that should be carefully considered.